Guidelines for adding new people in working groups
It is always an issue on when to add new people to the working group private channel on Rocket Chat, and the working group circle on the cloud. As we continue to grow, for the moment without a clear onboarding process for working groups and the COPLA, this will be an ongoing issue. For now these guidelines are offered.
The advice is to assign one person per working group (the onboarder or the coordinator) who makes sure new people are added to these channels and circles.
Working group criteria
As criteria for being added to the working group circle on the cloud & working group private channel it is suggested:
- Attendance to at least one working group meeting
- Credible indication that they are interested in contributing to working group processes
- If the person cannot be vouched for by a trusted person, having a background story that doesn’t raise suspicions.
For the COPLA circle on the cloud & Rocket Chat channel it is suggested:
- 1. Attendance to at least one COPLA meeting
- 3. If the person cannot be vouched for by a trusted person, having a background story that doesn’t raise suspicions.
- 4. Having attended at least two working group meetings and showing credible signs of being committed to contributing to the campaign.
- For COPLA meetings the minutes and agenda can be shared in the working group channels by a read-only share link (see the sharing page if you do not know how). In this way even those not in the COPLA circle can see the agenda and the minutes to prepare for a COPLA meeting.
- It is the responsibility of the working group coordinator to remove inactive people that cannot be vouched for from the working group and COPLA circles and channels (and check with a tech person if they need to be removed from any other circles / channels).